Planet Gymnastics has three (3) different options for your children to get them moving while keeping them socially distanced.
Traditional Groups for Toddlers, Preschool, and School-Age
- 3 to 6 children per class.
- Face coverings are mandatory for all staff and optional for students when in class.
- Lessons are created with social distancing guidelines.
- Our Fall 2020 Schedule has been created with smaller class sizes and fewer classes in the gym at any given time.
Private Lessons & Semi-Private Lessons
- Choose between either a 1:1 lesson or a 1:2 lesson.
- We cannot guarantee space, however, we will do our best to accommodate requests.
Small Group Gym
- Like Private & Semi-Private Lessons, Small Group Lessons can be requested for groups between 3-5 children of your choosing.
- We cannot guarantee space, however, we will do our best to accommodate requests.
Planet Gymnastics is making every effort to bring back all employees, however, we cannot guarantee that your child will have the same instructor they had in the past nor can we arrange our instructor’s schedules by request. That being said, all of our instructors are USAG certified, have a great knowledge of our policies and protocols, and are so excited to be teaching your children! Check out our Fall 2020 Schedule to see who is teaching our exciting classes!
- One caretaker per child is allowed inside Planet Gymnastics. No exceptions.
- The bleachers in the viewing area will be marked for seating placed 6 feet apart. We ask that you are mindful of others and practice patience while occupying shared spaces.
- A Planet Gymnastics employee will be assigned to the front door and will monitor and guide traffic flow in and out of the building.
- Markers are placed around the facility to assist a healthy, socially distanced flow.
- Our changing areas are currently closed.
- We ask that low restroom capacity be observed and that the facilities are used before arriving at Planet Gymnastics, when at all possible.
- We ask that students arrive only five minutes before their scheduled class time to keep occupancy numbers within guidelines and walkways clear. Likewise, please exit the building as soon as possible following your child’s lesson to assist us in delivering classes on time for the next session.
- Lesson start times will be staggered to ensure we have a controlled flow of people into the facility.
- We plan to operate with no more than 50 people in the Planet Gymnastics facility at any one time. We will continue to follow local and state recommendations for how many people will be allowed in our facilities and will schedule our lessons to meet and adhere to these requirements.
- We keep track of the facility load management and have staggered entrances and exits from the facility to keep within the mandated person limit. If you would like to get a sense of how many people will be in the facility during your lesson, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to schedule your class at times when the facility loads make you most comfortable, please let us know.
As this pandemic is ever-changing, we will continue to make changes for the safety of our students, customers, and staff.
- Masks: All persons over two years old must wear a mask in the facility at all times. While in class students have the option to remove their mask, once in the gym, and store it in a plastic bag. The plastic bag will be stored in the gym and returned to the child after class. The student’s mask must be worn after class and while exiting the facility. Plastic bags will be provided by Planet Gymnastics staff. Anyone who does not have something to cover their mouth should see someone in the office.
- Hand Washing/Sanitation: Staff will be washing their hands both before and after their classes. Students will use hand sanitizer before and after class. Our restrooms have a limited capacity, however, they are open and fully stocked for hand washing. Hand sanitizer is also available throughout the facility.
- Spotting: While spotting remains an important element to athlete safety, our lesson plans will be created in such a way where spotting will be minimal, if at all, and will align with social distancing protocols. We will be clearly communicating any alternative teaching/coaching methods so they are understood by the athletes and their parents. Your child will be asked if they’re comfortable with spotting before class. If they are not, they will get a red bracelet which tells the instructors not to spot the child. They will be returned and disinfected after use.
- Pick-up & Drop-Off: We are asking students to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before class. While waiting, please keep social distance by using our clearly marked sidewalk. If your child is age-appropriate for curbside drop off, you can drop them with a staff member at the front door. If needed, we ask that only one adult accompany a gymnast into the facility. If you have a child under your care that is not taking classes and needs to be with you, we ask that they are kept at your side the entire time. Upon entering you will be greeted by a friendly staff member. We are going to ask for an acknowledgment to a set of questions. Like, Have you or someone in your household had any symptoms of COVID 19? Has anyone traveled to an outside area with a higher rate of infection? Has anyone been overseas? Or has anyone in your household been asked to be quarantined by a health official? We want the answer to these questions all to be NO. By keeping those with symptoms out of our building the safer we all will be. Next, a staff member will take temperatures, attendance, and give out hand sanitizer. We will now have a one-way traffic pattern within the facility. We have rerouted the exit and after class, we will be escorting students to the new exit, out the front doors of 7 Strathmore. Please notice all of our new signage and directional signs within the gym. If you are picking up your child, please meet at the front doors of 7 Strathmore after class.
- Cleaning the Facility: We have always followed CDC cleaning protocols and those set out by other health professionals and authorities. We also use the CDC recommended cleaning products. The facility will be wiped down throughout the day as families come and go every 30 minutes, including high traffic areas and all door handles, tables, chairs, toilets, etc. Gym equipment will be cleaned before, during, and after classes. Disinfecting wipes will continue to be available throughout the facility and in the gym. We have teamed up with Enviro-Master, a commercial cleaning and sanitizing company. Cleaning by our professional agency will continue and, as always, they will use commercial-grade cleaning supplies approved by the CDC. Additional deep cleans will be utilized as needed or recommended. As always, our facility is cleaned nightly by a local cleaning service.
Water Bottles: Please bring your own water bottles. For the time being, Planet Gymnastics will no longer let children drink from common water fountains. For your convenience, we will have water for sale in the vending machines. Be sure to label your bottles.
- Front Office: Limited customer service will be available at the front desk. We are requesting parents to call or email the office for assistance as we will have office staff working remotely. General Questions: email@example.com Swim & Gym Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org Billing Questions: email@example.com
Face coverings are required for all adults and children over 2 years old. This is applicable to employees and gym families. Team gymnasts will have an exception while on equipment. Acrylic sneeze guards will be at the front desk. Temperature checks will be performed on all employees. They may be monitored for athletes and for parents. We are relying on families to stay home if they have any symptoms.
- We have always followed CDC cleaning protocols and those set out by other health professionals and authorities. We also use CDC recommended cleaning products.
- The facility will be wiped down throughout the day as families come and go every 30 minutes, including high traffic areas and all door handles, tables, chairs, toilets, etc.
- Disinfecting wipes will continue to be available throughout the facility and in the gym.
- The use of props in our lessons is being scaled back and all props and equipment that may be used will be disinfected between uses.
- Cleaning by our professional agency will continue and, as always, they will use commercial-grade cleaning supplies approved by the CDC. Additional deep cleans will be utilized as needed or recommended.
- Crayons and any shared pencils have been put away to prevent the spread of germs in the observation areas.
- Hand sanitizer will remain available at all locations.
- If you have visited Planet Gymnastics and have come in close contact with anyone who has experienced symptoms, we ask that you please notify the school immediately before returning. You may be asked to obtain medical clearance before returning. Any individual with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 is asked to notify us and remain out of the gym until receiving written medical clearance to return.
- If you have traveled outside of the country or been in contact with anyone who has, or with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or any flu-like virus, please notify the school immediately before returning. You may be asked to obtain medical clearance before returning to the gym.
- In general, if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of any illness, we ask that you fully recover before returning to the gym.
Planet Gymnastics is continuously updating its safety measures so you may see additional precautions being implemented or existing protocols modified at the gym.
We are asking only one caregiver per child when possible.
- My 2 children go to class one after another. What can I do with them when not taking the class?
- Keep them close to you and respect social distancing.
- If a Tiny Tumbler is with one parent, can the other parent attend?
- We prefer one parent to come per child but understand there may be situations where 2 adults are needed and will allow if we are within capacity guidelines.
- My other child who is not in a gymnastics class, and I have no other option than to bring them.
- If your family has no other choice, bring the sibling and keep them close to you.